The aim is to provide subject persons with more guidance in order to better carry out their AML/CFT obligations.
The salient points
- Chapter 3 of the Implementing Procedures Part I provides subject persons with a better understanding of what the Risk Based Approach entails, and lays down detailed guidance on the carrying out of business risk assessments and customer risk assessments.
- Chapter 4 lays out the various Customer Due Diligence obligations, including guidance in circumstances where subject persons are faced with high-risk scenarios. Moreover, new technological alternatives are offered to fulfil AML/CFT obligations.
- Chapter 6 of the revised procedures focuses on the outsourcing arrangements in the ambit of such obligations.
- Chapter 8 delves into the definition of non-reputable jurisdictions and identifying high-risk jurisdictions
- A new section (4.11) in Implementing Procedures Part I, emphasises the aspect of sanctions screening, freezing of assets and reporting obligations.
Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.