The NRA for AML/CFT in Malta published last week by the NCC, assessed a lower aggregate residual risk that was driven by more effective measures employed by subject persons and competent authorities. The assessment also highlights the higher compliance burden sustained by subject persons.
Mazars in Malta will deliver an insightful webinar on the NRA. Other than debriefing the main findings and sectorial risk analysis, the webinar will pay particular focus on how subject persons should incorporate the NRA findings into their risk assessments and control frameworks.
- Key Changes in the NRA
- Preliminary Interpretation of Overall Risk
2. Sectorial Analysis
- The Financial Sector and DNFBPs
- Common threats
- Main vulnerabilities
- Interpretation of residual risk changes
3. Implications for Subject Persons and the Way Forward
- The risk-based approach – what are the impacts?
- How will this impact my client monitoring obligations?
CPE Credit: This does not qualify for CPE.