The recently introduced Gaming Regulations require all licensed gaming entities to establish an internal audit function. The responsibility for internal audit is considered to be a key function in the new regulatory framework.
The iGaming industry has grown rapidly over recent years, leading to changes in the size and complexity of operations. The external environments have also changed at a fast pace and continue to place additional responsibilities and pressures on iGaming governance structures and control frameworks.
It is in this context that the internal audit function can add value and contribute towards improving organisational operations. This key function helps accomplish business objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Whether you are an owner, director, or head of compliance, the management of risk is of critical importance.
In particular, our workshop will deal with:
- Ensuring compliance with all regulations and best practices
- The pre-requisites for establishing an internal audit function
- The different internal audit function arrangements and setups
- Designing a function that adds value and contributes towards efficiency and effectiveness
- Reporting lines and processes
- Internal audit planning and audit execution
- Scope and typical areas of interest
- Frequently asked questions in relation to internal audit and the iGaming industry
As in past ‘Made Simple by Mazars’ sessions, our approach will be hands-on, in order to meet the practical needs of directors and managers who are just interested in the facts.
Alan Craig, Business Advisory Partner
Alicia Vella, Business Advisory Manager
Ramon Cutajar, Business Advisory Senior Manager
Who should attend?
This workshop is specifically designed for Directors, Heads of Compliance, Chief Financial Officers and Heads of Legal Services of iGaming companies in Malta. Participation is complimentary.
Thursday, 15 November 2018, from 8.45am (registration and light breakfast), 9.30am (start) - 11.00am (finish). Refreshments will be served.
The Victoria Hotel - Palazzo Capua - Gorg Borg Olivier street, Sliema - Tel. +356 2262 3204 (MAP). Complimentary underground parking facilities.
If you would like to attend, please Register here