How secure is your IT environment now? We have developed a high-level IT Operations & cybersecurity Checklist focused at both IT Managers and Senior Management giving them the ability to conduct a quick 15-minute review in order to identify any weaknesses in their current IT operations and cybersecurity.
Like most employees across Malta, you are probably reading this article whilst working remotely from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The outbreak of the Covid-19 virus has forced organisations of all sizes to change their working practices and embrace remote working. Many are, however, not fully aware of the new IT and Cyber Security risks that working from home introduces. And as a result, they are leaving themselves and their data exposed.
The main IT risk areas include:
- Policy Communication and User Awareness
- Data Privacy and Compliance
- Remote Access Security
- Endpoint Device Security
- IT Management and Monitoring
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
Currently, most organisations are working on a daily or weekly strategy. However, as we do not know the full extent of Covid-19 now is the time for organisations to start identifying their long-term ICT requirements and developing plans to ensure that these requirements are adequately addressed.
Download our Cybersecurity checklist here or in the download section below:
Current trends have already identified a significant increase in cybersecurity attacks on organisations since Covid-19 outbreak. Such attacks include:
- Sophisticated phishing emails enticing users to click on links and disclose security information or install malicious software.
- Exploitation of security vulnerabilities of organisations remote access solutions and firewalls where known security vulnerabilities have not been adequately patched
- Increase in malware attacks. As most organisations are working with a scaled-down IT team, cybercriminals are taking advantage of reduced security monitoring.
The interactive IT and Cyber Security checklist provide teams with the ability to conduct a straightforward review of the critical areas concerning IT operations and security within an organisation during the Covid-19 crisis.