The licence types have been changed from Class-based to Type-based as per First Schedule, Annex 3 - Gaming Authorisations Regulations, Gaming Act.
Classes 1 to 3 have been reconstituted to Types 1 to 3 respectively. Type 4 gaming services now refer to controlled skill games.
The B2C licence fees are now categorized into 3 types:
- Compliance Contribution
- Non-refundable fixed annual licence fee
- Administrative Fees
Compliance contributions are payable for each license period and are now subject to a minimum and maximum fee cap as follows:
- Type 1 - 0.40% - 1.25% of gaming revenue, minimum compliance fee of €15,000 but not exceeding €375,000
- Type 2 - 0.40% - 4% of gaming revenue, minimum compliance fee of €25,000 but not exceeding €600,000
- Type 3 - 0.40% - 4% of gaming revenue, minimum compliance fee of €25,000 but not exceeding €500,000
- Type 4 - 0.50% - 1.5% of gaming revenue, minimum compliance fee of €5,000 but not exceeding €500,000
Gaming revenues generated during the relevant reference month shall be aggregated to the gaming revenue generated from the corresponding type of gaming services during each of the prior reference months of the relevant license period.
First year operations will be exempt from compliance contributions.
Non-refundable fixed annual licence fees are payable 12 months in advance upon issuance of the license and is payable per company or company structure. These are categorized as follows:
- Type 4 - €10,000
- Types 1,2 or 3 & including Type 4 - €25,000
Administrative fees for license application fee and renewal fee - €5,000
B2B licensees can be classified under two separate categories:
- Supply of material elements of a game
- Supply of control systems that generate, capture, control or process regulatory records.
These separate categories are subject to the following licensing fees:
- Supply of Type 4 gaming supplies - €10,000
- Supply of Types 1,2 or 3 & including Type 4 - Between €25,000 and €35,000 (based on gaming revenue)