VAT and Income Tax systems update
Take note of the following changes within the VAT & Income Tax Department related to VAT and Income tax payments and move to the new premises.
As from the 2nd April 2018, the cash office at the VAT Department stopped operating. As a result, the VAT payment options available are now the following:
- The transfer of the VAT due directly to the VAT Department:
Name: Value Added Tax Department (Malta) - 16, Centre Point Building, Triq ta’ Paris, Birkirkara, BKR 4633, Malta
SWIFT CODE: MALTMTMT
BANK: Central Bank of Malta
It is important that both the company’s VAT number and the VAT period start date are included in the payment details section of the instructions, when affecting payment.
- Cheques payable to MaltaPost p.l.c. or cash (not exceeding €5,000) to any MaltaPost branch together with the respective VAT forms. The VAT forms will be stamped on submission and you will be given the stamped copy as usual;
- The VAT Department will mail a self-addressed envelope together with the VAT returns. This system will start to operate fully as of May.
Income Tax Payments
- Cheques payable to MaltaPost and sent by post to MaltaPost Plc, PO Box 2296, Qormi Road, Marsa;
- Online via card payments or internet banking: https://cfr.gov.mt/en/onlinepayments/Pages/Online-Payments.aspx
VAT and Income Tax customer care services
The Office of Commissioner for Revenue will be providing VAT and Income tax customer care services for businesses from the Business 1st offices - address: Business 1st, Centru Joseph Grech, Floor 2 Cobalt House, Notabile Road, Mriehel BKR 3000 (for info: https://businessfirst.com.mt ).