“Our mission is to foster global digital tradeas peace is the natural effect of trade. By facilitating digital commerce we hope to make the world a slightly better place.” says Jorij Abraham, Managing Director, Ecommerce Foundation and co-author of this study. This ambition echoes Business. For Good®, our global program that encourages business leaders to ‘think and act long-term’ in order to enhance business performance and pursue profit responsibly for the beefier of companies, their stakeholders and wider society.
This report describes both the commercial opportunities, as well as its challenges for the main global ecommerce markets.
Topics and Scope
The report is split into 4 main chapters:
- Global perspective
- Key facts and figures
- Ecommerce environments
- Focus on regions
The following 22 countries were selected for the report because of their influence in their regions.
- Americas: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico and USA
- EMEA: France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, Russia and UK
- Asia Pacific: Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea
Did you know?
- Europe has the highest E-GDP
- US has the highest share of e-shoppers
- China has the largest ecommerce market
- Australia has the fastest ecommerce market
- UK is the most satisfied with mobile device
- Turkey leads in monthly online payment
- Fashion is the leading sector globally for mobile purchasing
- Europeans love buying financial services online
- With $+100 billion revenues, Amazon is the largest ecommerce company worldwide
- Trust is the biggest barrier to shopping more online
If you want to download the global report or more regional reports on ecommerce, please visit www.ecommercefoundation.org/reports