The Start-up Investment Grant Scheme’s scope is to assist start-ups to part-finance their initial productive investment in both tangible and intangible assets, in line with a business plan, to implement their business growth strategies.
This scheme seeks to assist start-ups established for less than three years, through a non-repayable grant to part-finance their initial productive investment costs to implement their business growth strategies.
Start-ups engaged in one of the following activities:
- The production, manufacture, improvement, assembly, preservation, processing of goods, materials, commodities, equipment, plant machinery;
- Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences;
- Research and Technological Innovation;
- The repair, overhaul or maintenance of pleasure crafts, yachts having less than 100gt, aircraft, engines or equipment incorporated or used in such vessels or aircraft;
- Information and communication technology (ICT) development activities, software development;
- Eco-innovations, and environmental solutions;
- The creation of tourism products and services as a result of networks created between traditional tourism service providers and the crafts and artisan sector;
- The development and provision of tourism products and services related to emerging niche markets;
- The development and provision of tourism products and services related to the promotion of natural and cultural heritage;
- The development and provision of tourism products and services relating to social tourism with specific focus on senior tourists, accessible tourism and active ageing;
- The development of innovative concepts, products and services offered by Boutique Hotels and Palazzini;
- The development, and/or provision of E-health solutions;
- The development and provision of services and products promoting healthy living;
- The development and provision of services and products promoting active ageing;
- The development and provision of services and products related to child-day care;
- The development and creation of crafts and artisan products;
- Retail activities by self-employed and family businesses engaged in craft;
- Start-ups proposing products and/or services that can be marketed and distributed internationally and which are typically more advanced than those prevailing in their respective industry in terms of technology, know-how and skills.
This Grant Scheme will support Investment in Tangible and Intangible assets required by the start-up for its operations in line with an approved business plan.
- lease of private operational premises
- construction/up-grades of private operational premises
- purchasing of new equipment, machinery and plant
- patents and licenses