During the Malta Budget 2018 speech, the Hon. Minister Scicluna started off by giving an overview of Malta’s economic performance over the year, followed by a series of measures and initiatives that the Government will be implementing during 2018.
The salient points and incentives that were proposed in the Malta Budget 2018 include the following:
- VAT Grouping;
- Improvements and extensions to current social benefits;
- The cost of living increase to €1.75 per week;
- White Paper to reform the rental market;
- Duty exemptions;
- Extra day of annual vacation leave;
- Minor tax refunds to taxpayers.
A more detailed overview of the salient points in the Malta Budget 2018 can be downloaded below.