As an audit assistant, you will be required to perform basic auditing tasks under the guidance of a senior auditor.
Reporting to the Audit Manager and/or Audit Senior, the responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to Audit Seniors
- Perform assigned audit work based on a risk-based approach and identify audit issues
- Review accounting systems and controls and identify any weak areas
- Prepare audit documentation in accordance with International Auditing Standards and Mazars Audit Manual
- Establish working relationships with clients and business partners
Educational & Work Experience Background Required
Already embarked on the ACCA professional qualification, and/or holds a degree in Bachelor of Commerce
Five working days plus the day of the exam as special leave with pay are given for every ACCA first sitting; a second sitting will only entitle the candidate to the day of the exam. Successful completion of each sitting will entitle the Employee to an increase in salary from the beginning of the month in which the result is received – there are two scales, one for the ACCA Foundation subjects and one for the ACCA Professional subjects.
Skill set required
- Prioritise and manage a busy workload effectively, often under pressure
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite of products, especially MS Excel)
- Self-motivation/work under own initiative
- Team player with an enthusiastic/positive outlook
- Communication/Interpersonal (written and verbal) with strong client handling skills and the ability to develop good relationships with clients and other professionals
EU citizen or prove eligibility for full-time work in Malta
Minimum 40 hours, Monday to Friday, between the core hours of 8.00am and 5.00pm with the possibility to work flexible hours, as early as 7am and as late as 9.30am
How to apply
Send in an email to our HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the reference number HR/2019/AA001 together with your detailed CV telling us clearly why you consider yourself suitable for the post.
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application