For the second year running, Mazars has joined forces with Tableau, UNICEF and EDHEC to create Europe's first data visualisation contest. This is a great opportunity for students to demonstrate data savviness, develop key skills for their future career and have fun!
How does it work?
The Student DataViz Challenge is open to all students currently enrolled in a degree-granting programme at an accredited academic institution in Europe.
Your mission? Use UNICEF’s data to extract great insights, package a creative dataviz and help contribute to its mission – promoting the rights of every child.
- Use UNICEF's public databases, available here and these additional data sets
- Choose a theme
- Tell us the story behind the data collected
- Download your free Tableau License
- Create and submit your data visualisation between 14 March and 1 May 2022
Find the full competition details here.
Claire Cizaire, Mazars’ Group Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, and Westley Birmingham, Data Scientist at Mazars, share their dataviz top tips and the reasons you should participate now:
What’s in it for you?
- Data is a strategic asset to create a more just and equal world. With data in the right hands, decisions can be better informed and more equitable.
- Data visualisation equips you with the skillset for a career in data science, finance, consulting, digital marketing, strategy, international organisations…
- It’s the occasion to learn, network and have fun with data!
And there’s some great prizes to be won, of which:
- Tickets to Europe’s biggest tech event Vivatech 2022 in Paris,
- Job application tips & tricks session with our Mazars HR specialists,
- An interview with UNICEF for a paid Data Visualisation internship!
What’s the timeline?
- Submit your visualisation by 1 May 2022
- Top 10 finalists will be announced by jury on 16 May 2022
- 17 June 2022: join us for the grand final in Paris! Top 10 to pitch their viz before the jury for a chance to win.
Need some inspiration?
Check out last year’s submissions here.