The Prime Minister has announced the relaxation of the following measures, in place for the past two months in order to mitigate the effects of COVID-19:
- In Mater Dei: more outpatients clinics, more imaging services, an increase in non-urgent operations being done, such as day cases; IVF service to be offered again in MDH; partner of woman giving birth will be allowed in; screening of large intestine to be offered once again
- Groups of six now allowed in public places instead of four
- Open-air cinemas now allowed to operate whilst still maintaining social distancing
- Individual sports, such as tennis, now allowed. Training can be done outside, as long as the group is not larger than six people
- Funeral mass to be allowed with certain restrictions
- Restaurants can reopen with a maximum of six tables, as well as measures to ensure distance between tables; restaurants with tables outside can use this facility
- Hairdressers, barbers, beauticians and nail technicians can reopen whilst following restrictive measures.
The health authorities have explained that this relaxation of measures is being done based on a thorough safety risk assessment.
Publication date: 22/05/2020