As a result of a sharp rise in COVID-19 cases, Health Minister Dr. Chris Fearne announced additional measures aimed at curbing the spread of the pandemic.
These measures include:
- The closure of all bars and nightclubs as from Wednesday 19th August. Restaurants within such establishments are exempted from this measure, as long as only seated patrons are served;
- The banning of all boat parties. Harbour cruises will still be allowed to operate as long as they keep to social distancing rules;
- The organisation of wedding receptions solely in a seated environment. All food and beverages during such events will be served at the table;
- The restriction of gatherings to groups of a maximum of 15 people;
- The mandatory use of masks in all closed public spaces, with the exception of restaurants, which are subject to by specific rules;
- The introduction of a new 'amber list’ of countries as from Friday 21 August. Arrivals from these destinations will need to produce a COVID-19 negative test result. The list will be reviewed on a regular basis. Meanwhile, the 'red list' of countries from which travel is banned, and the ‘green list’ from which travel is not restricted, will be maintained.
Publication date: 18/08/2020