Eligible businesses should:
- not employ more than 30 persons; and
- not have a turnover exceeding €10M.
Eligible expenditure include:
- Wage cost increases that exceed 3% of the highest wage costs of the previous two fiscal years. The eligible value shall be calculated by deducting from wage costs incurred in the relevant fiscal year, the highest annual wage cost incurred in the preceding two fiscal years.
- Costs incurred for services rendered for the furbishing, refurbishing and upgrading of business premises by third parties, including costs of materials and other items required for furbishing, refurbishing and upgrading of the business premises that are endorsed as to have been utilised by the third party providing the services in the works carried out.
- New (or first time used in Malta) machinery, technology apparatus and instruments.
- Systems intended to produce alternative energy.
- Tangible and intangible assets required for digitisation of the business operation such as computer hardware, packaged software solutions and development costs for new software systems, websites and digital applications.
- Over a period of three years, investment in one new motor vehicle (or first time registered in Malta) as long as such vehicle is:
- involved in the carrying of goods (category N1,N2 or N3 motor vehicle); or
- special purpose Motor Vehicles; or
- any vehicle that is designed specifically for the carriage of ten of more persons.